We have a strict “no party-pooping” policy
- We focus on the people, our members (you might call them customers).
- We have a good time and you will look forward to stopping by to see us.
- We try and connect with each person and are always happy to help however we can!
- We have lots of fun activities like daily trivia, random snacks (yum!), contests and more.
Where else could you find a list as awesome as that – stop in and see for yourself!
Enjoy all the benefits of being a Credit Union member.
- Member-Owned – That means the members, YOU, control the credit union policy through elections and meetings. Members elect the board of directors. Its a democratic process, rather than a closed door corporate policy one.
- Not-For-Profit – Credit unions are not-for-profit, this allows them to offer better rates to members. Although being fiscally responsible is an important aspect, the not-for-profit status means they can operate at a lower cost than many for-profit institutions.
- Insured – Your accounts are insured by the U.S. Government, the same as banks.
- Always a Member – Once you join a credit union, you are always a member.
So what’s the credit union vs. bank mumbo jumbo?
There are several differences between them but the biggest ones are:
- A bank is owned and governed by stockholders. When a profit is made, it goes to them.
- A credit union is owned and governed by the people who use its services – members. The people who govern it are members who are voted into office by the rest of the members at the annual meeting. A credit union is a not-for-profit organization, so when a profit is made, it goes back to the members by way of dividends, better rates and fewer/lower fees.
Here are 9 Reasons Credit Unions are Better than Big Banks
You’re probably asking yourself how we got so stinkin’ awesome.
Members Community Credit Union was originally formed in 1957 under the name of Home-O-Nize Employees Credit Union, where we provided financial services for Home-O-Nize (HON) employees.
We opened our membership to the public in 2003.
In 2006, we changed our name to Members Community Credit Union but we still hold a special place in our hearts for HNI employees.
Today we have two brick and mortar branches in Muscatine and, as you can clearly see, one very cool website/online branch.
What else would you like to know? Email and ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org