We have a strict “no party-pooping” policy
- We focus on the people, our members (you might call them customers).
- We have a good time and you will look forward to stopping by to see us.
- We try and connect with each person and are always happy to help however we can!
- We have lots of fun activities like daily trivia, random snacks (yum!), contests and more.
Where else could you find a list as awesome as that – stop in and see for yourself!
Enjoy all the benefits of being a Credit Union member.
- Member-Owned – That means the members, YOU, control the credit union policy through elections and meetings. Members elect the board of directors. Its a democratic process, rather than a closed door corporate policy one.
- Not-For-Profit – Credit unions are not-for-profit, this allows them to offer better rates to members. Although being fiscally responsible is an important aspect, the not-for-profit status means they can operate at a lower cost than many for-profit institutions.
- Insured – Your accounts are insured by the U.S. Government, the same as banks.
- Always a Member – Once you join a credit union, you are always a member.
So what’s the credit union vs. bank mumbo jumbo?
There are several differences between them but the biggest ones are:
- A bank is owned and governed by stockholders. When a profit is made, it goes to them.
- A credit union is owned and governed by the people who use its services – members. The people who govern it are members who are voted into office by the rest of the members at the annual meeting. A credit union is a not-for-profit organization, so when a profit is made, it goes back to the members by way of dividends, better rates and fewer/lower fees.
You’re probably asking yourself how we got so stinkin’ awesome.
Members Community Credit Union was originally formed in 1957 under the name of Home-O-Nize Employees Credit Union, where we provided financial services for Home-O-Nize (HON) employees.
We opened our membership to the public in 2003.
In 2006, we changed our name to Members Community Credit Union but we still hold a special place in our hearts for HNI employees.
Today we have two brick and mortar branches in Muscatine and, as you can clearly see, one very cool website/online branch.
What else would you like to know? Email and ask us at email@example.com