Unfortunately, when you stop working, they stop paying you
Get your ducks in a row and let us help with retirement planning.
- Members Community Credit Union offers Traditional as well as Roth IRAs. Which one is best for you depends on your situation but there are tax benefits to both. See below for additional details between the two.
- Our IRAs use CDs as the investment choice. Click here to see CD/IRA rates.
- We also offer an IRA savings account. Click here for this rate.
- If you would like more information about IRAs or would like to set one up, please stop by either branch and ask for Samantha.
- Hurry time is running out to make your 2014 contributions to your IRAs. The deadline is April 15, 2015.
Deposits and contributions are tax-deductible. Your earnings always grow tax-deferred meaning taxes are paid when the money is withdrawn from the account. Deductions may be limited if you (your spouse, or if you are married) are covered by a retirement plan at work and your income exceeds certain levels. Visit the IRS website to learn more about Traditional IRA deductibility limits.
Individuals younger than 70½ years with earned income are eligible to contribute.
Non-deductible retirement savings contributions that feature tax-free withdrawals on your earnings after five years and when you reach 59 ½ years or a qualifying event. Visit the IRS website to learn more about Roth IRA contribution limits.
Individuals, any age with earned income are eligible to contribute. However, your Roth IRA contribution might be limited based on your filing status and income.