Become A Credit Union Advocate!
As not-for-profit financial cooperatives, credit unions direct earnings back to their members and community. Since credit unions are owned by their members, it is important that all members know about pending legislation and actions that could affect them. Because we are stronger together, we may ask you to lend your voice on important issues that could impact your financials lives. The purpose of our credit union advocacy efforts is not to influence your vote, but rather to:
- explain the political and legislative issues facing credit unions
- educate on the unique structure of credit unions
- show where elected officials stand on these issues
- provide educational links so that you can make informed decisions
- offer ways for you to take action!
With more than one million credit union members in Iowa, we are all stronger together! Click here to show your support of Iowa’s Credit Unions by joining the advocacy database.